Regional AS model

Jeffrey S. Young young at jsyoung.net
Thu Mar 24 23:50:19 UTC 2011

While it's a very interesting read and it's always nice to know
what Danny is up to, the concept is a pretty extreme corner
case when you consider the original question.  I took the original
question to be about global versus regional AS in a provider
backbone.

On the other hand if we'd had this capability years ago the notion
of a CDN based on anycasting would be viable in a multi-provider
environment.  Maybe time to revive that idea?

jy