Nortel, in bankruptcy, sells IPv4 address block for $7.5 million

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu Mar 24 23:19:56 UTC 2011

Owen,

I (and I presume Eric Goldman, author of the post I referenced) was looking at Judge James Ware's actual ruling (http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/california/candce/5:2006cv02554/181054/41/).  I don't see anything in there discussing that 'the transfer had to be done in a manner that complied with ARIN policy' or Kremen was 'required to sign the RSA'. It isn't a very long document (and surprisingly easy to read for a court judgement). Not being a lawyer, I can't be certain, but all I see is "time-barred" and "statute of limitations". The only thing relevant I can see in subsequent filings is that Kremen and ARIN came to a settlement in which ARIN didn't have to do anything and Kremen wouldn't pursue the matter.  Can you point to where the Judge said anything (much less definitively) about complying with ARIN policy, signing an RSA, etc.?

Regards,
-drc