CSI New York fake IPv6

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Mar 22 09:31:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> I just thought this is amusing that in CSI: New York – Season 7,
> Episode 17, they do a 'Remote Desktop' hack and they enter in the
> following details…
>
> http://www.eintellego.net/public/CSINY.s07e17-fakev6.jpg
>
> Promoting IPv6 = Win!
> Dodgy Address = Fail!

This reminds me of the end of the 1995 movie "The Net" where Sandra
Bullock captures criminals with an enhanced version of traceroute (or
an enhanced version of the Intertubes) that showed some very dodgy IP
addresses, and an enhanced version of whois that shows you a picture of
the person using a particular IP address.

Apparently that whois client was also licensed to "Law and Order" at some
point :)

jms