[Nanog] Re: US .mil blocking in Japan

Michael DeMan nanog at deman.com
Fri Mar 18 04:33:14 UTC 2011

Wasn't this announced on the news already?

That because the infrastructure in Japan was hit (no highly publicized) but still working, that the US military also said they were blocking u-tube and other high bandwidth sites in order to conserve resources?

I am definitely not one to be outside of hearing about a conspiracy theory or something, but I know up in our neck of the woods in the NorthWest of NorthWest Washington State, that this is just common sense to do.