bfd-like mechanism for LANPHY connections between providers

Jensen Tyler JTyler at fiberutilities.com
Wed Mar 16 18:33:51 UTC 2011

We are going to turn up BFD with Level3 this Saturday. They require that you run a Juniper(per SE). Its sounds like it is fairly new as there was no paperwork to request the service, had to put it in the notes.

We have many switches between us and Level3 so we don't get a "interface down" to drop the session in the event of a failure.