gmail issues ?

Paul Graydon paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 00:43:01 UTC 2011

On 3/15/2011 2:07 PM, Michael Loftis wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Mike Tancsa<mike at sentex.net>  wrote:
>> Anyone seeing gmail issues ? I checked at
>> http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en
> I've been having massively delayed incoming mail since about Sunday
> (2011/03/13)  some email taking days to come in, some still hasn't
> (Amazon Order status updates for example from Monday still haven't
> shown up yet)

I've been having problems with gmail sending to my works domain for a
couple of months now.  All e-mails that come via the gmail
infrastructure are being delayed by up to an hour between two hops in
their infrastructure.
In typical fashion Google's support are utterly non-communicative.  I've
even had a friend who works for them pass on details internally to see
whether that would help but no joy.  The conversations I've had or heard
over the last couple of years regarding their support quality leaves me
reluctant to ever consider Google's Apps for Business as anything even
remotely approaching suitable for such.

Paul