Switching Email

JC Dill jcdill.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 21:41:13 UTC 2011

  On 12/03/11 5:16 AM, William Herrin wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Jeff Kell<jeff-kell at utc.edu>  wrote:
>> On 3/11/2011 8:24 PM, Scott Weeks wrote:
>>> --- bill at herrin.us wrote:
>>> From: William Herrin<bill at herrin.us>
>>>
>>> No, it isn't. Contrary to mailing list best practices, NANOG
>>> unsubscribe information is stubbornly stashed in the email headers
>>>
>>> That's a feature.  Not a bug.  :-)
>> Actually, it's RFC 2369  :)
> Anyone have a list of MUAs

I don't have a list, but if you are viewing the email using the gmail
web interface, and select the "show details" interface, you will see:

     from    Scott Weeks <surfer at mauigateway.com>
reply-to    surfer at mauigateway.com
to    nanog at nanog.org
date    Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 5:24 PM
subject    Re: Switching Email
mailing list    nanog.nanog.org Filter messages from this mailing list
mailed-by    nanog.org
unsubscribe    Unsubscribe from this mailing-list

Where "Filter messages from this mailing list" is a link, and
"Unsubscribe from this mailing-list" is a link.

Unfortunately, there's no confirmation or "undo" when you try to
unsubscribe (as I just did, to test it).  Oops!

jc