so big earthquake in JP

Marshall Eubanks tme at americafree.tv
Sat Mar 12 01:51:41 UTC 2011

On Mar 11, 2011, at 6:34 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> On Mar 11, 2011, at 6:11 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
>
>> On Mar 11, 2011, at 8:50 AM, Daniel Belin wrote:
>>
>>> Are we aware of how much the infrastructure has been damaged yet? Are aftershocks still going?
>>
>> Subway & bus lines are still down.  Fire at the nuke plant has been put out, no radiation detected, but they still evacuated a couple thousand residents because the backup generator failed & the water pump is not pumping.
>>
> I hear that there is now rising radiation levels outside the plant and US is flying in some dampers
> in hopes to resolve the situation.

Here is what the IAEA has to say about the situation

http://www.iaea.org/press/?p=1133

Japanese officials have also reported that pressure is increasing inside the Unit 1 reactor’s containment, and the officials have decided to vent the containment to lower the pressure.  The controlled release will be filtered to retain radiation within the containment.

TEPCO has a lot more detail

http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/press/corp-com/release/11031203-e.html

http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/press/corp-com/release/11031209-e.html

Regards