so big earthquake in JP

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 18:35:18 UTC 2011

We're seeing damage in harbors on the west coast - live imagery of
Santa Cruz harbor with multiple piers broken up, boats loose, boats
sunk, from local geography focusing waves that were only 2-3 foot
surges (personal Ouch - I used to own a boat in that harbor).  Phone
reporting from Crescent City (northern california) indicating that the
latest surge up there is 8.1 feet just now - their harbor is
apparently pretty bad off.

I have no reports of fiber landings affected - along most coastal
beaches it's just an unusual wave surge height - but the surges are in
some locations getting to the point that they could do that.

-george

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com