About the different causes of multiple origin ASN(MOAS) problem

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Mar 8 01:02:19 UTC 2011

On Mar 8, 2011, at 1:32 AM, Yaoqing(Joey) Liu wrote:

> I'm trying to find all causes of multiple origin AS problem(MOAS) as
> follows, but not sure if it's complete.

1.	MOAS isn't necessarily a 'problem'; it's fairly common, these days, and has been for quite some time.  The actual problem is the inability to determine when it's intentional and not evil, vs. unintentional or intentional and evil.

2.	There's already a fair body of work on this topic, as a Web search for "multiple origin as" reveals.  Check the NANOG archives for Lixia's preso, among others.

		The basis of optimism is sheer terror.

			  -- Oscar Wilde