Mac OS X 10.7, still no DHCPv6

Jay Cornwall jay at jcornwall.me.uk
Fri Mar 4 12:16:43 UTC 2011

 On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 00:24:48 +0000 (UTC), Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
>
>> On a more serious note, I can on my Ubuntu machine just "apt-get
>> install
>> wide-dhcpv6-client" and I get dhcpv6, it'll properly put stuff in
>> resolv.conf for dns-over-ipv6 transport, even though the connection
>> manager knows nothing about it, at least dual stack works properly.
>
> This is finally getting fixed now. NetworkManager 0.8.3, to be
> shipped
> in the upcoming Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty) seems to do the right thing,
> including using the OtherConfig-Flag in RA to trigger a stateless
> DHCPv6
> request. Haven't tested stateful yet.

 I've tested stateful configuration and it works correctly (with
 stateless/stateful and stateful only) in NetworkManager with ISC DHCP 4.

 The DHCP client uses a dynamic DUID based on the link-local address and
 time. That's not quite as flexible as WIDE or Dibbler.

--
 Jay Cornwall
 http://www.jcornwall.me.uk/