download speed very fast.

Scott Helms khelms at ispalliance.net
Thu Mar 3 16:39:52 UTC 2011

Deric,

     Depending on the kind of access gear being used there are different
methods for making this work.  This kind of technology is most commonly
deployed on DOCSIS cable systems, for example Comcast has this
trademarked as PowerBoost and they have done a ton of marketing around
it.  You can implement this kind of temporary speed boosting for cable
systems on several CMTS brands (I know Cisco and Arris) and its probably
possible for any CMTS that is certified for D2 or better.  I haven't
found a certified modem that couldn't handle that side of things.

--
Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology