IPv6? Why, you are the first one to ask for it!

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:11:08 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Franck Martin <franck at genius.com> wrote:
> Don't forget there is no commission for the salesperson to enable IPv6 for you, so definitively they are not interested and you asking them to deal with the issue, will just lower their pay at the end of the month because they could not use this valuable time to find customers with commissions...

Well,  if there is a sale to be made at all, and  IPv6 is  a
requirement for that particular sale,  then any  (other)
commission is dependant on enabling IPv6.    So if you need to buy
IPv6,  make it a required condition
before you agree to buy service,  or let them know that
$other_big_provider  is offering IPv6.
Sale = Possible commission.
No sale = No commission, period.

"You were the very first to ask for it."

Sounds like an excuse to me.   No "excuse" validates a complete lack
of cognisance of IPv6 at this point.
Providers have had plenty of time to train their sales staff.

One can only hope their technical staff are ready to deal with any
IPv6 connectivity issues...

"You were the very first to ask for it"  does not instill much
confidence or make a good
impression of the provider, even if IPv6 does turn out to be available
from them.

--
-Jh