IPv6? Why, you are the first one to ask for it!

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Tue Mar 1 17:39:33 UTC 2011

Fairly major global network provider likes to call themselves a "Tier
1".  Asking about native IPv6 in one of their colo facilities in the UK.
They say their US facilities won't be v6 capable until Q4 2011.  The UK
rep acted like it was the first he'd ever heard of it and implied we
were the very first to ask for it.

Note to providers:  That might have worked a couple of years ago but
when we hear that today, we know it is false.  Please be honest in your
another year or two, just say so.  The notion that we are the very first
ones to ever ask for it from a global provider in a major country is
just lame.

George