What vexes VoIP users?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Tue Mar 1 04:52:25 UTC 2011

On 2/28/11 10:37 AM, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:29:08 EST, Bret Clark said:
>> On 02/28/2011 01:17 PM, Leigh Porter wrote:
>>> VoIP at the last mile is just too niche at the moment. It's for people on this list, not my mother.

My mother has comcast voice... they decided on that themselves after
moving out of dsl range.

>> Baloney...if that was the case, then all these ILEC's wouldn't be
>> whining about POT's lines decreasing exponentially year over year!

The temporary decade and half longe bump of dial modems, fax machines
and second pots lines to keep the teen off the main one is over.

> I do believe that the ILEC's are mostly losing POTS lines to cell phones, not
> to VoIP.

the only reason anyone under 30 would end up with a pots line anymore
imhoas a new service activation has to do with the pricing for unbundled
dsl.