Mac OS X 10.7, still no DHCPv6

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Tue Mar 1 01:38:08 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 04:00:16PM -0800, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Ready or not, IPv6-only (or reasonably IPv6-only) residential
> customers are less than 2 years out, so, well within
> your 5-year planning horizon, whether those ISPs see that or
> not. Denial is an impressive human phenomenon.

	Denial is indeed impressive:

	v6 only is not the only option for residential customers
already used to functioning behind NAT.

	I, for one, welcome our new CGN overlords...

> In five years we should be just about ready to start deprecating IPv4,
> if not already beginning to do so.

	Considering it's taken us 15 years to get this far... I think
that's pretty optimistic.

	Anyone care to start the IPv4 dead pool, Price is Right
style, for when the last v4 NLRI is removed from the DFZ?

	--msa