Mac OS X 10.7, still no DHCPv6

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Mar 1 01:35:04 UTC 2011

On Mar 1, 2011, at 7:00 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> In five years we should be just about ready to start deprecating IPv4, if not already beginning to do so.

That's been said about so many things, from various legacy OSes to other protocols such as SNA and SMB/CIFS.

None of those things are as prevalent as IPv4 is today.  And yet, they're still around to haunt us.

I think we're going to be dealing with IPv4 for a long, long time - far longer than two years.

		The basis of optimism is sheer terror.

			  -- Oscar Wilde