Yup; the Internet is screwed up. - Land Assistance...

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Sat Jun 11 01:55:42 UTC 2011

Hi List,

Farmer Don here...  Wonder if I could get some help please?

  40°46'42.77"N -  73°58'0.83"W

I found a bit of land that I like the look of, with what appears to be a
nice water reserve so my animals can drink and I can water the grass.

Being from New Zealand (a farming community a bit below and east of
Australia), I'm sorry but I don't know much about regulations to install
irrigation systems in the area that I'm quite keen to set up my next
farming venture.  I'm wondering if anyone can give me some pointers?

Being from Christchurch (site of two massive earthquakes) I know a
reasonable amount about demolition now, so I'm not worried at all about
the adjacent buildings as we can deal with those as we need to expand
the farm.

I'm attracted to this area for a number of reasons, mainly because of
the abundant wireless broadband options across the entire property.

I've done some factoring and the cash I can save by not having to invest
in my own wireless network spanning across the country will mean I can
pay for my new dairy milking shed within 3 years, (unlike the
investment I've had to make on a family property in New Zealand where
our property was out side of the reach of the local Telephone companies
high speed DSL service and we were going to be limited to sub ADSL1 speeds!)

After reading this post on NANog and following the link provided, it
really struck me as a great place to ask for assistance.

Some may be wondering why I don't want a more rural setting?

I want to be able to enjoy a city life style every day, and I really
don't feel that's unreasonable given the rant I hearing about the right
to enjoy a rural life style while also having all the quality
refinements that an urban city provides.

Further, I don't see why I should have to invest in my community and why
others shouldn't be focused and tasked with just doing it for me!

I do hope that my desire to use some of your land for my smelly cows
doesn't offend any of you, but I really think my right to enjoy looking
at tall buildings every day has to be respected!

Cheers Farmer Don

--
Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave