ipv6 day DDoS threat?

Nathan Eisenberg nathan at atlasnetworks.us
Tue Jun 7 19:04:54 UTC 2011

We got the same call.  I think they just trolled on through the IPv6Day participants list.  They indicated that we were likely to be 'specifically targeted' as a result of 'putting ourselves out there'.  I suspect it's merely a misprogrammed sales drone spewing fear-infused garbage.

The caller claimed to represent Verisign (though we took no steps to verify that claim).  If anyone from Verisign is on the list, you may want to look into this, especially if this is actually coming from one of your employees.

Nathan