Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day

Jaidev Sridhar mail at jaidev.info
Fri Jun 3 06:30:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 21:22, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> It provides a handy space to comment at the bottom.
>
> Perhaps people here would like to let M$ know that it would be preferable
> to provide pointers to real workable IPv6 connectivity solutions rather than
> merely hotwire the system to temporarily bypass IPv6 in favor of IPv4.
>
> That's the path I chose.

I guess you're all missing the point here. I've never agreed too much
with M$, but what they're doing is right. IPv6 stacks are quite mature
these days but IPv6 connectivity can be broken due to incorrectly
implemented networks / tunnels (see:
http://ripe61.ripe.net/presentations/223-World_IPv6_day.pdf).

For those clients there is no option other than disabling IPv6.
Hopefully the service providers & network admins get to identify and
fix issues. This problem is not client OS specific. I'm all for M$
bashing, but not for this reason.

-Jaidev

--
The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy.