Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Jun 3 01:29:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 17:08:29 PDT, "andrew.wallace" said:
> World <anything> day is a sure-shot bet win at an anti-climax, and an
> industry failure and waste of investment and publicity campaign.

Got a better idea?  Some of us have been running IPv6 since 1998 and this is
still the closest thing to getting people motivated to switch we've seen this
century.

And I doubt it will be a *total* failure - even if a lot of things unexpectedly
break, the post-mortems will of value.  In fact, the cynic in me says the
post-mortems are what's really driving this whole event. ;)