dynamic or static IPv6 prefixes to residential customers

Daniel Espejel daniel.unam.ipv6 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:59:39 UTC 2011

Just like the song: "...you know is sad but true..". ISPs and a few vendors
offers IPv6 cappabilities as an add-on on its commercial portfolios.

For the static v6 address assignment, applies the same. Even if for users
represents advantages on having it's own unique address (i.e. in order to
enter the Web or apps service providers world for their own), as so for ISPs
to perform some network administrative tasks.

I favor static prefix assignation over dynamic, but also I think that for
some time (more or less until vendors and providers recovers invertion and
operation costs) this will be a "expensive product" to adquire.

*Daniel Espejel Perez
*