problems with dnswl.org

Matthias Leisi matthias at leisi.net
Wed Jul 20 07:38:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> opening tcp connection to rsync2.dnswl.org port 873
> rsync: failed to connect to rsync2.dnswl.org (85.25.63.16): Operation
> timed out (60)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
> [Receiver=3.0.8]
>
> any other paying users seeing this or know anything?  no response to
> email to admins, though it has been only six hours or so.

I'm not sure whether you got my reply to your email to admins?

The provider for this machine is working on a fix. Unfortunately, they are
not able to prove an estimate on when this will be done (yes, we are working
to remediate this situation).

As a temporary workaround, you can use an alternative hostname which will
point to a another mirror (ns6.dnswl.org).

-- Matthias