Enterprise Internet - Question

Alastair Johnson aj at sneep.net
Fri Jul 15 23:03:10 UTC 2011

On 7/14/2011 7:37 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge, while this person reset my account so that
> I could log in (from my house), I don't think Wells Fargo has any intention
> of rethinking their geo-IP based restrictions on logging in.
>
> So, if you travel, consider carefully whether to try and log into something
> directly vs. doing so over VNC.

For precisely this reason I always ensure that my banking traffic goes
via a VPN through a relatively consistent set of origin IPs to the wider
Internet.

Solves a lot of headaches, although PayPal were confused that I could be
in California and have my traffic come from Chicago (which they thought
was New Jersey...).