Enterprise Internet - Question

Jeff Cartier Jeff.Cartier at pernod-ricard.com
Thu Jul 14 19:34:04 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I just wanted to throw a question out to the list...

In our data center we feed Internet to some of our US based offices and every now and again we receive complaints that they can't access some US based Internet content because they are coming from a Canadian based IP.

This has sparked an interesting discussion around a few questions....of which I'd like to hear the lists opinions on.

-          How should/can an enterprise deal with accessibility to internet content issues? (ie. that whole coming from a Canadian IP accessing US content)

o   Side question on that - Could we simply obtain a US based IP address and selectively NAT?

-          Does the idea of regional Internet locations make sense?  If so, when do they make sense?  For instance, having a hub site in South America (ie. Brazil) and having all offices in Venezuela, Peru and Argentina route through a local Internet feed in Brazil.

-          Does the idea of having local Internet at each site make more sense?  If so why?

Again, I would appreciate to hear the opinion from SP oriented minds...based on what they've seen from customers...and network administrators running large enterprises in different companies.  Off-list replies are also appreciated.

Thanks!!!

...jc

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

This message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses, Spam, and Explicit Content.