ipv6 address family with vrf

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:22:23 UTC 2011

Mike,

Support came in a later 12.4T train release, although you're probably best
going to 15.0M at this point.  You need advanced IP services,Advanced
enterprise services or SP services.  Consult cisco.com/go/fn.  Both VRF and
VRF-lite IPV6 support are under the same feature, but I forget what it's
called in FN (IPV6 VPN, 6PE, or something similar).  IP base and Advanced
security are confirmed to not work.

I went through this about a month ago.  I wish Cisco would include feature
parity for features between ipv4 and ipv6 like they recently announced on
Catalyst products.  This would help encourage ipv6 adoption in cases where
it's otherwise discretionary.  The lack of this particular missing feature
(IPV6 VRF-lite support)  affected IPV6 deployment for us in general on
internet routers due to the financial costs of licensing advanced IP
services.