Firewall Appliance Suggestions

Peter Nowak pnowak at batblue.com
Tue Jul 5 04:50:45 UTC 2011

They don't have a VM yet - coming soon - but you may take a look at Palo Alto Networks. Having just a regular stateful firewall is not a good idea anymore...

Peter Nowak

On Jul 1, 2011, at 12:35 AM, Blake T. Pfankuch wrote:

> Normally I would agree with you as far as separate instances, however this will be in a situation where we pay ridiculous amounts for cpu and memory, so a single instance is what we are shooting for (remember those ridiculous requirements).  I am planning to do some further testing with vyatta and pfsense.  Thanks you all for the on list and off list responses!

Peter Nowak
Manager, Technical Services
Bat Blue Corporation | Integrity . Privacy . Availability
p. 212.461.3322 x3020 | f. 212.584.9999 | w. www.batblue.com
Bat Blue's AS: 25885 | BGP Policy | Peering Policy
Bat Blue's Legal Notice

Receive Bat Blue's DSB Intelligence Report

Bat Blue is proud to be the Official WiFi Provider for ESPN's X-Games