Contact at level 3 RE IRR database?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Jan 31 15:13:59 UTC 2011

On 1/31/2011 8:35 AM, Andrew Alston wrote:
> whois -h whois.radb.net \!gAS11908 and there is a *HUGE* amount of IP
> space registered in the Level3 IRR database that is propagating to
> the other databases that clearly does not belong to AS11908.  (Beyond
> the initial prefix of ours that noticed).

One thing to keep in mind. I ran into this with Cox's Level 3 entries.
The Origin field in Level 3 database is often incorrect, but the entries
are required for their acl's. So, even though a network may be
advertised by a Cox customer, the ASN listed in L3 is Cox's ASN (which
isn't unexpected since Cox is the one who entered the data).

So AS11908 may be transiting those networks into Level3.

Jack