EPC backhaul networks

Phil Bedard bedard.phil at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 22:33:42 UTC 2011

I work for a MSO and while we do provide L2 services today for wireless
backhaul, the services are based on requirements from the wireless
providers and I haven't seen an RFP yet in which someone wanted a L3
service. If someone really wanted a L3VPN as a backhaul solution we could
oblige them but most do not want us having anything to do with their L3
network so we provide VPLS and P2P services.  I'm always wary when I see a
wireless provider wanting to build a 500 site VPLS to carry traffic and we
try to discourage them as much as possible, but it happens...

Phil