[arin-announce] ARIN Resource Certification Update

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 17:56:18 UTC 2011

Hey!
>> Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no
> Because they publish data you have signed. They don't have the ability
> to modify the data and then sign that modification as if they were you if
> they aren't holding the private key. If they are holding the private key,
> then, you have, in essence, given them power of attorney to administer
> your network.
>
> If you're OK with that, more power to you. It's not the trust model I would
> prefer.

I think that is the whole point. Hosted is fine with some, top-down will
be preferred by others. Will top-down be intrinsically more secure than
hosted? I am tempted to say yes, but I have some doubts on that too.

What top-down certainly does is getting you out of the lawyers' sights.
Mostly anyways.

> Owen
Carlos