Found: Who is responsible for no more IP addresses

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Sat Jan 29 17:36:21 UTC 2011

Thanks for the link to the vid. I see Geoff Huston spoke too. I've embedded
both on
http://www.isoc-ny.org/p2/?p=1713

FWIW Vint has been using this as an intro to IPv6 for years.. in fact I've
got some video to edit of him speaking in 1999 - I'll look for it..

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 2:43 AM, Ben McGinnes <ben at adversary.org> wrote:

> On 28/01/11 7:03 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> > Let me clarify:
> >
> > The original question was (so far as I could see): "Was Fox making up the
> > quote where Vint took the blame for IPv4 exhaustion?"
> >
> > The answer, of course, was "no, they didn't; lots of people have the
> quote".
>
> If you want to see and hear footage of him repeating this and
> explaining, his keynote address to Linux Conf Australia is here:
>
> http://linuxconfau.blip.tv/file/4683393/
>

> Regards,
> Ben

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com