Connectivity status for Egypt

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 21:02:34 UTC 2011

On Friday 28 January 2011 20:36:30 George Bonser wrote:
> [...]

International dial-out is a good point, especially these days when international
voice isn't wildly expensive any more. Does anyone have a source for dialup
pools like that?

Personally, I suspect that it's probably more important to cut off internal
comms. Especially as the TV and media people are pretty good at bringing their
own satellite connectivity. Which is more worrying, someone updating their
wordpress.com blog, or the same person texting everyone they know to show up
outside State TV at 1700 hours and bring a bag of bricks? A lot of the
fbk/twt/whatever activity, and all the really politically important fraction of
it, is just that - but going through either externally located servers or
externally-owned ones.

I wonder if anyone's working on a mesh or p-t-p radio app that runs on a
smartphone?

--
The only thing worse than e-mail disclaimers...is people who send e-mail to
lists complaining about them