Connectivity status for Egypt

Marshall Eubanks tme at americafree.tv
Fri Jan 28 13:33:29 UTC 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 3:29 AM, Carlos Alcantar wrote:

> Looks like you can still make phone calls into Egypt.  So it's not totally lights out...

Mobile is apparently being shut down now :

http://www.vodafone.com/content/index/press.html

Statement - Vodafone Egypt
All mobile operators in Egypt have been instructed to suspend services in selected areas. Under Egyptian legislation the authorities have the right to issue such an order and we are obliged to comply with it. The Egyptian authorities will be clarifying the situation in due course .

-----

I think that clarifications are unnecessary in this case.

Regards
Marshall