What's the current state of major access networks in North America ipv6 delivery status?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Jan 28 11:34:34 UTC 2011

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, Antonio Querubin wrote:

> I wonder how many ISPs actually have so many IPv6 customers that they
> actually have these problems.  Or is this mainly a limitation with a
> particular vendor's equipment?

If you want to buy some equipment that can handle hundreds of thousands of
ND:s instead of one that might handle thousands, you're free to do so.
Also your L2 transport need to scale as well, including needing to handle
tens of MAC addresses per customer (I live in a household of 2 adults, we
have approximately 10-15 devices that talk IP, and this is not becoming
fewer over time).

It's your money (or your employers).

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se