test-ipv6.com

Kevin Stange kevin at steadfast.net
Fri Jan 28 08:39:54 UTC 2011

On 01/27/2011 06:16 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> In message <alpine.BSF.2.00.1101271448000.15852 at goat.gigo.com>, Jason Fesler wr
> ites:
>> Several people have suggested I (re)post information about test-ipv6.com
>> here.
>>
>> http://test-ipv6.com  ..
>>    tests ipv4 and ipv6 by dns name
>>    tests dual stack (will the client break on World IPv6 Day?)
>>    tests ipv6 by IP literal (teredo can pass this)
>>    gives advice to end user about current status and (depending on
>>      circumstances) more information
>>    "broken" users (can't connect to dual stack) are solicited for info
>>    Caution: does depend on javascript.
>>
>> http://test-ipv6.com/simple_test.html
>>    Eyeball test only for user, with instructions; no javascript required.
>>
>> Please direct any comments, flames, etc directly to me instead of the
>> list.  I've added enough noise already  :-)
>
> Note you can have totally broken IPv6 connectivity and still be
> fine on World IPv6 day.  You just need applications with good
> multi-homing support.  No web site can check this for you.

However, by coincidence, this week I happened to be playing with the
site and it revealed to me a particular use case of my DNS resolvers
that was broken and gave me a chance to fix it.

I don't think there's any harm in some baseline sanity checking.

--
Kevin Stange
Chief Technology Officer

Phone: 312-602-2689 x203