ARIN IRR Authentication (was: Re: AltDB?)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jan 28 03:00:59 UTC 2011

On Jan 11, 2011, at 9:14 AM, John Curran wrote:

>  As noted, we're now looking into how to fix the IRR authentication
>  situation and will report back asap.

Based on the ARIN's IRR authentication thread a couple of weeks ago, there
were suggestions placed into ARIN's ACSP process for changes to ARIN's IRR
system. ARIN has looked at the integration issues involved and has scheduled
an upgrade to the IRR system that will accept PGP and CRYPT-PW authentication
as well as implementing notification support for both the mnt-nfy and notify
fields by the end of August 2011.

For further details, please look at:
  https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2011-1.html
  https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2011-2.html

I'd like to thank everyone for bringing this situation to our attention,
and will report back once this functionality is in place.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO