PPPOE vs DHCP

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Jan 27 14:24:13 UTC 2011

On 1/27/2011 1:05 AM, Frank Bulk wrote:
> By IA_TA support, do you mean the ability for the 7206VXR to act as the DHCPv6 server?  If I understand you correctly, I have it working well with DHCPv6 relay.

Yeah, IA_TA is the temporary addresses (compared to prefix delegation).
I haven't tested it with relay, as I've hoped to avoid that (hate
depending on remote servers). I'm interested, though, if RBE and
unnumbered vlans can be made to work with IPv6 even with the relay as
they do in IPv4. Documentation leads me to believe they won't (given
cisco docs state that they figured one prefix per subinterface and no
proxynd as they did in IPv4). I guess you could possibly manually
activate proxynd on each subinterface? I know the routing mechanisms
themselves work, verified with prefix delegations.

Jack