What's the current state of major access networks in North America ipv6 delivery status?

Brzozowski, John John_Brzozowski at Cable.Comcast.com
Thu Jan 27 11:57:04 UTC 2011

In order to deploy /56 to end users would require an IPv6 /24 be dedicated
to 6rd, /48s would require a dedicated IPv6 /16.  This assumes an operator
wants/needs to provide IPv6 via 6rd to end users where their IPv4 address
is fully unique.  There is quite a bit of IPv6 address space that does not
gets utilized in this model.

The routers we are using as part of the trials only support /64 as such we
are using an IPv6 /32.

It is also important that operators plan for the ability to delegate
prefixes that are shorter than a /64.  There are several cases that we
have seen where the router can only make use of a /64.  This is better
than nothing when referring to legacy devices that have been able to
introduce some support for IPv6 and would have otherwise been IPv4 only
devices.

John
John Jason Brzozowski
Comcast Cable