Another v6 question

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Jan 27 06:49:35 UTC 2011

On Jan 27, 2011, at 1:29 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> I'm saying that in IPv6, we've put enough addresses in to allow for things nobody has thought of in 30, 60, 90, even 100 years and then some.

Possibly, as long as we don't blow through them via exercises in profligacy nobody has heretofore thought of, heh.

;>

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid, with millions
of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural integrity, but
just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.

			  -- Alan Kay