Upload config to juniper

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 02:31:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Florin Veres <florin at futurefreedom.ro> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Do any of you have any idea if it's possible to upload configuration from a
> script (prefix-list updates in this case) to a JunOS device (MX)?
> For Cisco devices I'm doing it using rcp.

>From config mode use  a  "load merge"  command that specifies a SCP or FTP  URL.
You'll need to setup SSH keys in advance to do so  without an
additional password for the device to download the script.

Alternatively...  SCP the file to a temporary file on the device then
"load merge" the uploaded file,  to merge config from the script.

Net::SSH::Expect from CPAN  to connect  via  ssh  from perl.

Something like
use Net::SSH::Perl;
use Net::SSH::Expect;

my $ssh = Net::SSH::Expect->new(  host =>
'myfavoritehostname.example.com',  user => 'blahblahblah', password =>
'1234',   raw_pty => 1);
$ssh->login(q[blahblah at myfavoritehostname.example.com's password]);
$output1 = $ssh->exec("configure private");
# $blah = $ssh->exec("load merge
username at scriptserver.example.com:/path/to/scriptfile_to_load.txt");
print scalar $ssh->exec("show | compare");
# commit

--
-JH