Upload config to juniper

John Adams jna at retina.net
Wed Jan 26 23:22:56 UTC 2011

I do this with pyexpect for blacklist updating. It works amazingly well.

One thing to remember when communicating with the JunOS device is that
if you fail to disable the CLI controls, communicating with the device
is very difficult.

I do something like:

  import pexpect
  child = pexpect.spawn ('ssh',
['-p','22','-o','StrictHostKeyChecking=no',"router ip address goes
here"], 2)

  child.sendline("set cli screen-length 0")
  child.sendline("set cli screen-width 0")

  < put your commands here to talk to the router >

-j