Ipv6 for the content provider

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Jan 26 22:58:24 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 05:01:31 pm Randy McAnally wrote:
> I've worked around it by compiling custom (newer) Kernels on systems that need
> it.  Apparently support was added some time around 2.6.20, but of course RHEL5
> is still in the dark ages of 2.6.18.

RHEL has the eMRG kernel available that is post-2.6.18, for RHEL5.

However, RHEL's 2.6.18 kernel has many many things backported from much more recent kernels, including features like ext4.  Saying that it's an old kernel isn't completely true; it's kind of like saying a '67 C2 Vette with a 327 has an old engine (after all, why not the 427?), but what you don't see is the sixty-thousandths overbore, 18 degree BowTie heads, forged crank,  a 1300CFM Holley Dominator 4500 on an Edelbrock Victor Glidden single-plane port-matched 18 degree intake, along with Flowmaster long tube headers, long lobe COMP cam, and high stall torque converter that makes it more than just an old 327... Sorry, dream car there.... and, yes, I'd rather have the tricked-out 327 small block than the 427 big-block....although that carb on that intake isn't the most street-friendly combination ever imagined....

Don't judge a kernel by the superficial version number; look for the performance parts under the hood, and maybe even under the valve covers....