PPPOE vs DHCP

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Wed Jan 26 18:04:19 UTC 2011

On 1/26/2011 11:03 AM, Tim Franklin wrote:
> So they're telling us, at least for PPPoE specifically.  Cisco solution is "buy ASR".

This is same solution they've given for the 7206 and other traditional
IOS platforms. I haven't checked, but all the RBE/unnumbered vlan
support for IPv6 with proxy-ND, better radius backend for DHCPv6, and
supposedly IA_TA support for DHCPv6 will be in the ASR only. The
features in IOS SR train are somewhat functional but extremely limited.

If I find myself having to spend money on ASRs, I may just spend the
money replacing them with Juniper. Only reason I haven't is that I
haven't needed to spend the money at all.

Jack