[arin-announce] ARIN Resource Certification Update

Richard Barnes richard.barnes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 02:19:12 UTC 2011

It's in-band only in the sense of delivery.  The worst that a
corruption of the underlying network can do to you is deny you
updates; it can't convince you that a route validates when it
shouldn't.  And even denying updates to your RPKI cache isn't that
bad, since the update process doesn't really need to be real-time.
Things will stay the same until you start hitting expiration times.
The ultimate worst case is that everything expires and there are no
RPKI-validated routes ... just like today.

--Richard