Using IPv6 with prefixes shorter than a /64 on a LAN

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Mon Jan 24 13:28:25 UTC 2011

 as a test case, i built a small home network out of  /120. works just fine.
my home network has been native IPv6 for about 5 years now, using a /96 and IVI.

some thoughts.  disable RD/RA/ND.
		none of the DHCPv6 code works like DHCP, so I re-wrote
			client and server code so that it does.
		static address assignment is a good thing for services like DNS/HTTP
		secure dynmaic update is your friend

summary - its not easy, vendors don't want to help.  but it can be done.

--bill