Looking for an Akamai contact, strange DoS traffic sourcing from Akamai sources

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Jan 21 13:45:22 UTC 2011

I have a customer reporting the same thing. The traffic flood goes to
offline modem bank IPs. So far, Akamai hasn't actually grasped what the
problem is and says everything is fine. :(

Luckily, most of the traffic (not all) is coming from my local cluster,
so it's easier to monitor what's going on. Packet captures have shown
the same packet being sent over and over, usually over 1400 bytes in
size. Different floods may have different packets, but within a flood
it's identical. I wouldn't think you'd have data prior to the 3-way, so
I'm curious how the 3-way is being completed for the data to be sent.

Jack