Looking for an Akamai contact, strange DoS traffic sourcing from Akamai sources

Tom Beecher tbeecher at localnet.com
Thu Jan 20 21:04:48 UTC 2011

I'm looking for an Akamai contact to try and address a strange situation.

We have multiple sites across the country that aggregate 56k dialup
customers. Different sites are randomly experiencing inbound traffic
spikes that are overwhelming the uplinks to our carriers, causing DoS
situations.  These spikes far exceed the bandwidth that could possibly
be used by the number of dialup customers connected. We've been able to
trace the source of the traffic to Akamai boxes, but so far have been
unable to reach anyone at Akamai to discuss the situation. We're
attempting to get payload information, but the traffic volume is making
it slow going setting up packet captures at these sites remotely.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

--
Thomas Beecher II