Software DNS hghi availability and load balancer solution

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Jan 19 02:41:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Charles N Wyble wrote:

>  He asked about DNS based loadbalancing (also
>> known as GSLB, among other things) software packages....
>
> Ah. DNS based load balancing. I've heard good things about powerdns for
> that.

I assume the "good things" is that with powerdns and the gmysql backend,
it's trivial to have a script do some SQL updates as often as you need to
change the content and change_date of the records you're using for the DNS
based load balancing.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |