Request Spamhaus contact

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jan 18 01:18:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Jeffrey Lyon
<jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
> I fat fingered the netmask, try now.

Jeff,

You have some work left to do. Much of it is exhibited in the Spamhaus listing.

wget -nd http://eros-pharmacy.com/
--2011-01-17 19:54:44--  http://eros-pharmacy.com/
Resolving eros-pharmacy.com... 208.64.120.206
Connecting to eros-pharmacy.com|208.64.120.206|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://www.eros-pharmacy.com/Home.aspx [following]
--2011-01-17 19:54:45--  http://www.eros-pharmacy.com/Home.aspx
Resolving www.eros-pharmacy.com... 208.64.120.206
Connecting to www.eros-pharmacy.com|208.64.120.206|:80... connected.
Length: 128759 (126K) [text/html]
Saving to: `index.html'

100%[======================================>] 128,759      328K/s   in 0.4s

2011-01-17 19:54:46 (328 KB/s) - `index.html' saved [128759/128759]

lynx --dump index.html
[...]
   Join eros-pharmacy.com's top affiliate program. We offer our affiliates
   more than ever, 3rd tier payouts, high comissions and much more. Want
   to join us and start earning top $$$ ? Contact us today.
   More Info
[...]

http://whois.arin.net/rest/nets;q=208.64.120.206?showDetails=true&showARIN=false

CIDR	208.64.120.0/21
Organization	Black Lotus Communications (BLC-92)

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Jeffrey Lyon
<jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
> We've acted on every report that we're aware of and instead you want
> to play pharmacy domain scavenger hunt.

In the situation in which you find yourself, passive reaction to
precise reports is not good enough. You've been careless and you're
paying the price. If getting on top of the situation means you have to
play pharmacy domain scavenger hunt then that's what you need to spend
the next 24 hours doing. Not criticizing Spamhaus or debating on
NANOG.

Respectfully,
Bill Herrin

P.S. I don't mean to add to your woes, but top-posting on a mailing
list is generally considered faux pas. It makes it difficult to follow
a conversation. Notice how the rest of us place our replies directly
below the text we're replying to?

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004