Single AS Number for multiple prefixes in different country

Michel de Nostredame d.nostra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 23:15:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Michael Hallgren <m.hallgren at free.fr> wrote:
>> I believe my ISP did not intentionally filter out my routes,
>> but it more like default behavior as described in document.
>> Setting up default-route on both of my border routers addressed the needs.
>
> I feel, asking to recieve (and use) default route appears "cleaner" than
> hacking routing protocol ways. Unless, one does as you just did. Right?

Yes, asking ISP to send out default-route via BGP sessions
will be better then manually setup one. A default-route from
dynamic routing protocol can disappear properly in case something
wrong over the link, while manual one could possibly create a
black hole.

BTW, this thread was talking about the use of single-AS in different
sites. I think it is no doubt doable.

--
Michel~